While not mandatory, wearing masks is still strongly encouraged.Please note: mask wearing is still mandatory for Curious Minds lectures.
It is paramount to us that our staff and patrons feel safe and supported when visiting our theatre. COVID-19 is still a risk, and we encourage you to be mindful of the varying levels of comfort your fellow audience members may have. Complimentary masks will be available at our box office.
Still not comfortable returning to the cinema? Explore our library of curated films, talks and courses on Hot Docs at Home.
Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema - Measures & Visitor Guidelines
- Mask wearing for all staff and visitors is strongly encouraged: We recommend visitors wear a mask that covers their mouth, chin and nose at all times. Complimentary masks are available upon request.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for visitors but is strongly recommended. All staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- Assigned seat selection: For the safety of all guests, you must sit in your reserved seat. If a seat change is needed, please ask a Hot Docs staff member for assistance. Hand sanitizing stations will be made available throughout the venue.
- Do your best to avoid crowding in the lobby or bathrooms. Doors will open 30 minutes before the screening.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces prior to all screenings and throughout shifts. We encourage guests to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap & warm water.
- Contact-free transactions are recommended for both tickets and concessions. Purchase your tickets & select your seats online before the show. Show your ticket using a mobile device if you can.
- Symptom-Free Policy: If you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. We will gladly refund your tickets if you let us know in advance of your screening.
- Curious Minds Speaker Series: Enhanced safety protocols, including masking and distanced seating.
What else you should know
If you have concerns or are uncomfortable with the behaviour of a fellow attendee, please speak with a Hot Docs staff member and we will do our best to address the situation.
Have further questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Hot Docs has put mitigating measures in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, attending in-person events could increase your risk of contraction. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you and your guests will not hold Hot Docs liable for any illness that may result.