The Government of Ontario eliminated its mask mandate in Ontario on March 21. In response to feedback from our community, and to take the time necessary to assess the situation, Hot Docs Cinema will keep mandatory mask wearing in place until May 31 at the earliest.
Hot Docs Cinema will operate at 100% capacity. Proof of vaccinations is no longer required to enter the venue but is highly recommended.
Still not comfortable returning to the cinema? Explore our library of curated films, talks and courses on Hot Docs at Home.
Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema - Measures & Visitor Guidelines
- Mandatory mask wearing for all staff and visitors: All visitors must wear a mask that covers their mouth, chin and nose at all times unless actively eating or drinking in their seats. Complimentary masks are available upon request.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for visitors but is strongly recommended. All staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- Assigned seat selection: For the safety of all guests, you must sit in your reserved seat. If a seat change is needed, please ask a Hot Docs staff member for assistance. Hand sanitizing stations will be made available throughout the venue.
- Do your best to avoid crowding in the lobby or bathrooms. Doors will open 30 minutes before the screening.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces prior to all screenings and throughout shifts. We encourage guests to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap & warm water.
- Contact-free transactions are recommended for both tickets and concessions. Purchase your tickets & select your seats online before the show. Show your ticket using a mobile device if you can.
- Symptom-Free Policy: If you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. We will gladly refund your tickets if you let us know in advance of your screening.
- Curious Minds Speaker Series: Enhanced safety protocols (including 50% seating capacity and proof of vaccination) will remain in place for the remainder of this season of our lecture series.
What else you should know
If you have concerns or are uncomfortable with the behaviour of a fellow attendee, please speak with a Hot Docs staff member and we will do our best to address the situation.
Have further questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Hot Docs has put mitigating measures in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, attending in-person events could increase your risk of contraction. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you and your guests will not hold Hot Docs liable for any illness that may result.