In accordance with recent provincial guidelines, Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema will reopen on Friday, February 4 at 50% seating capacity, and food and drink service will be temporarily suspended.
Health & Safety Protocols at Hot Docs Cinema
- Vaccination: In accordance with Ontario’s vaccine certification program all patrons, staff and volunteers will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in order to enter the Cinema. The only exemptions are for patrons under 12 years old accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult, or patrons with medical exemptions (a doctor’s note must be provided). All patrons must show a government-issued identification with the name and date of birth matching the vaccination receipt upon arrival.
- Mandatory mask wearing for all staff and visitors: All visitors must wear a mask that covers their mouth, chin and nose at all times while visiting the cinema.
- Reduced seating to 50% of regular capacity.
- Assigned seat selection with buffering between parties.
- Food and Drink: As of December 19, in accordance with recent provincial guidance, our concessions stand will be closed and food and drink will not be offered for sale.
- Physical distancing protocols throughout the venue.
- Hand sanitizing stations made available throughout the venue.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces prior to all screenings and throughout shifts.
- Contact-free transactions are strongly encouraged. Purchase your tickets & select your seats online before the show.
- Symptom-Free Policy: If you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. We will gladly refund your tickets if you let us know in advance of your screening.
City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020
We encourage you to purchase tickets online in advance
While the Cinema Box Office will be open, online ticket purchases are recommended. All seats are reserved-only.
Bring proof of vaccination
Upon arriving at the Cinema, all guests will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, along with a government-issued ID matching the name and date of birth on your documentation. Paper or electronic documentation is accepted. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
If you are accompanied by a child under 12 years old, or have a medical exemption to vaccination with a doctor’s note, please contact us ahead of your screening.
Wear a mask that covers your mouth, chin and nose
Please keep your mask on at all times until you are seated, at which time it may be removed to eat and drink.
Please arrive with your entire party at least 15 minutes before the screening. Have your proof of vaccination or negative COVID test result, as well as your ticket (print-at-home copy, or on your phone), ready. Our staff will check your proof-of-vaccination and scan your ticket at the door, and our volunteers will direct you to your reserved seats.
Keep your distance
Please maintain physical distance between those who are not in your party.
Help us avoid crowding
Avoid standing in the lobby unless you are visiting concessions or the washrooms. When the film is over, please exit one row at a time.
Wash your hands frequently
Wash them often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer, available throughout the building.
Stay home if you’re feeling sick
This includes if you are coughing, sneezing, have a fever or have been exposed to somebody who is ill. We will refund your tickets if you let us know in advance of your screening. Email us [email protected]
Thank you for your cooperation, and for respecting your fellow audience members!
What else you should know
Have further questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Or email us at [email protected].
Hot Docs has put mitigating measures in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, attending in-person events could increase your risk of contraction. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you and your guests will not hold Hot Docs liable for any illness that may result.