Fashion designer Amy Powney of cult label Mother of Pearl is a rising star in the London fashion scene. Raised off-the-grid in rural England by activist parents, Amy has always felt uneasy about the devastating environmental impact of her industry. When she wins the coveted Vogue award for the Best Young Designer of the Year, which comes with a big cash prize, Amy decides to use the money to create a sustainable collection from field to finished garment, and transform her entire business. Over the following three years, her own personal revolution becomes the precursor of a much larger, societal change.
Sunday, June 18
- The screening will be preceded by a clothing swap in collaboration with The Good Swap TO and Fashion Revolution. RSVP HERE.
- The short film Ancestral Threads will play before Fashion Reimagined.
Ancestral Threads | D. Sean Stiller | Canada | 2023 | 12 min
Joleen Mitton, a Néhiyaw woman and the founder of Vancouver Indigenous Fashion Week (VIFW), shows how she build community using fashion, as she works to undo years of trauma-in herself and others. Part of season 2 of Hot Docs Citizen Minutes commissioned short film collection.
Tuesday, June 27
- The screening will be followed by a post-screening discussion.
- Sarah Remple, a Fasion Revolution volunteer
- Kelly Drennan, founder of Fashion Takes Action
- Katherine Bruce (moderator), executive director of the Planet in Focus International Environmental Film Festival
Tickets: $15 (Members from $10)
Presented in partnership with Fashion Takes Action and Planet in Focus Film Festival.
View our health & safety measures here.