Available January 31 to March 11, 2022 Identity is at the heart of the Intersection program, with films that consider who we are and how we interact with the world. Examining the struggles and triumphs within various communities helps us to better understand ourselves and others.
Each of these docs looks at the overlap of identities, specifically within the Canadian context. An intersectional perspective does not reduce someone to a single label. Instead, it looks at the identity of an individual or a community as nuanced and complex creating a more fulsome picture of who they really are.
RECOMMENDED for grades 7-12.
It is important for teachers to preview any film prior to showing to students to determine that the content is appropriate for how you teach and the maturity level of your students.
Docs For Schools programs are FREE.
Bookings for the 2022 program are closed.
- Available January 31 to March 11*
- Book the film(s) for the week that coincides with your teaching
- Each booking is two weeks long
- Film(s) will be sent one week before selected week for preview and lesson prep
- Film(s) will be sent with a link and controlled password
- Multiple weeks may be booked
- Suitable for in-class and online viewing
Questions? Contact Elspeth Arbow