Skip to main content
Old Bloor Cinema marquee

The cinema opened as a film house on December 23, 1913 under the name Madison Theatre, making it one of the first picture palaces in Toronto.

By the end of the decade, the Madison was joined in the Annex neighbourhood by Allen’s Bloor Theatre (now Lee’s Palace) and the Alhambra Theatre, both opening in 1919 near the Bloor and Bathurst intersection.