OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
START DATE: Immediately
Join our team as an Accounting Clerk and be part of the financial revolution. Handle accounts receivable, payable, and play a role in shaping new financial systems. We're looking for an individual eager to gain valuable exposure in a dynamic work environment!
Hot Docs is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to assist with day-to-day financial administration, including accounts receivable and payable, reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts, and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance. The successful candidate will join a growing team responsible for the financial accounting of North America’s largest documentary festival, conference and market, working to create new systems and processes in a post-pandemic world.
- Code and process weekly EFT/Cheque payments including setting up new vendors, and creating electronic payments (i.e., EFT, ACH, and wires) via online banking platform;
- Oversees the Accounts Payable email inbox and uses MS Outlook tools to keep track of resolved, unresolved or incomplete requests;
- Reconcile and process Visa corporate credit card statements and employee expense reports, including review of receipts against the reports and properly coding expenses before entering in QuickBooks;
- Proactively investigates and resolves workflow related discrepancies associated with invoice posting in a timely manner;
- Code and enter accounts receivable invoices using Salesforce and QuickBooks, including the application of customer payments;
- Assist with reconciling bank accounts, prepaid expenses, intercompany, and other general ledger accounts;
- Work with various departments on accounts receivable and reconciliation of registrations and submissions fees;
- Develops and maintains an efficient electronic filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easy referencing;
- Supports the finance team during annual audits with timely delivery of all audit requirements;
- General administrative support to the finance team and assistance with developing process efficiencies in the accounting department.
- 2-4 years of accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR) and general accounting experience;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using QuickBooks Premier Desktop version, specifically with processing AP and AR transactions, posting journal entries, and creating/running reports;
- Experience using online banking for business platforms to set up EFT, ACH and wire transactions;
- Understanding of prepaid expenses, deferred revenue, fixed assets, and foreign currency transactions;
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft 365 applications;
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of transactions;
- Proven time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage large volumes of documents;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exposure to Salesforce and Moneris a plus.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Subject Line: Hiring Committee – Accounting Clerk
Email: [email protected]
No phone calls please.
Hot Docs is a forum to share stories and perspectives on the people, issues and events that shape our world, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Hot Docs’ commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Hot Docs is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Hot Docs encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.