OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time Contract
REPORTS TO: Sr. Communications Manager
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: January 30 - May 12, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 16, 2022
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for soliciting, tracking and organizing all publicity and promotional materials for official 2023 Hot Docs Festival selections. They will work closely with Communications and Programming staff to meet all crucial deadlines in the department’s critical path.
- Work with the programming administration department to track invited films and administer the information verification process
- Liaise with filmmakers, producers, distributors, etc. to request and secure required publicity materials
- Track receipt of materials and prepare them for use by the publicist, communications team, graphic designers and the wider Communications Department
- Oversee collection of press screening and clip links
- Populate and maintain the Festival Media Download Centre
- Manage requests from other departments for screening links and other publicity materials
- Coordinate the distribution of film posters to Festival venues
- Work in collaboration with all other Festival staff and departments to ensure the overall success of the Hot Docs Festival
- Other general tasks include assisting the communications manager as needed, fielding questions and phone calls, and responding to daily tasks as they arise.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with digital materials management and familiarity with databases (Salesforce and Agile Ticketing Solutions experience an asset)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by December 16, 2022. Interviews will be held in January 2023.
Attn: Kaitlin Knyf, Sr. Communications Manager
Re: Hiring Committee – Materials Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Hot Docs is a forum to share stories and perspectives on the people, issues and events that shape our world, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Hot Docs’ commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Hot Docs is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Hot Docs encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.