OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time Permanent
REPORTS TO: Co-Executive Directors
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, 2022
We are seeking a proven self-starter with excellent HR generalist expertise to join our team as a Human Resources Manager. This role will provide day-to-day human resources operational support to employees and people leaders. Furthermore, it will lead key processes and projects to contribute to the growth and capabilities of the HR function. This role will play a key role in creating and executing the HR strategy for the organization.
- Develop and implement HR practices that encourage and enhance employee motivation and engagement;
- Manage employee relations issues by addressing challenges, coaching people leaders through employee concerns or other issues throughout the employment lifecycle;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, be aware of new and relevant legislation, create new policies and procedures where required;
- Partner with people leaders on day-to day HR operational processes such as recruitment, onboarding, and performance management;
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring an organizational wide EDI strategy. Support efforts to ensure the organization’s culture, environment, and policies are diverse, inclusive, and equitable for current and prospective employees;
- Identify, create and disseminates guidelines to support an EDI lens into day-to-day work at all levels working closely to unlock expertise from across the organization;
- Lead the full cycle recruitment process;
- Lead the yearly performance appraisal process and compensation planning for the organization. Recommend, and develop performance improvement plans, succession planning and ensures evaluations are completed in a fair, respective, consistent and timely manner;
- Address and provide solutions to HR related inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and procedures, etc;
- Manage benefit and wellness programs, tracking utilization, promotion of existing programs and recommending new wellness and benefit offerings. Manage LOA process and administration where required;
- Develop, implement and formalize HR policies, procedures, and guidelines where there is a need;
- Lead the HR dashboard and metrics analysis initiatives to drive insights and support HR strategy;
- Identify opportunities and provide leadership and support on the execution of all HR programs and process improvements;
- Manage various HR processes to ensure the best employee experience;
- Develop job descriptions, advise on job levels, compensation, pay and employment equity and organizational structure;
- Support managers and employees in the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements; liaise with the union representative when required;
- Liaise and consult with legal counsel in employment related matters, as required.
- Post-secondary degree with focus on Human Resources or related field is required;
- CHRP/CHRL designation is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Human Resources is preferred;
- 2-4 years’ experience in social justice, equity/diversity/inclusion work, working with individuals in equity-seeking groups including but not limited to individuals who are Indigenous, Racialized/Visible Minority, 2SLGBTQ+, with disabilities;
- Demonstrated success in establishing and implementing effective recruitment and talent retention techniques and processes;
- Strong experience working with compensation, benefits and payroll is required. Exposure to Ceridian Powerpay is preferred;
- Advanced computer skills (Office 365). Experience with HR information systems and databases;
- Experience working in a unionized environment, grievance handling, analyzing, interpreting and applying policies, procedures, regulations and collective agreements is preferred;
- Ability to deescalate difficult situations; skills in problem solving and mediating;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationship, influence collaboration, and positive employee engagement and contribution at all levels;
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills and abilities;
- Demonstrated resilience and agility, flexibility and adaptability, tact, compassion, integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by June 30, 2022.
Attn: Elena Romanova, Human Resources
Re: Hiring Committee – HR Manager
Email: [email protected]
Hot Docs is a forum to share stories and perspectives on the people, issues and events that shape our world, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Hot Docs’ commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Hot Docs is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Hot Docs encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.